Peace...

(The following post was originally written on Dec. 9th, 2013. I am transferring it over here from my previous blog site.)


I don't know about you but I can use some of that in my life right now. Let me explain...
I have had a variety of life changing activity occur in the past three months.
1. My lead pastor left the church where I serve as Family pastor.
2. My son was born.
3. I turned 30.
I know that these don't sound like a big deal but in my schedule it has been.
Between taking on extra responsibilities at our church, caring after my new born son who I am head over heels in love with, and hitting the big three-oh my life has gotten a bit out of whack.
For example: my mind is currently thinking about our Christmas series, Christmas eve service, potential plans for Seminary, and other life changing decisions that my wife and I are working through right now. So when I say that I can use some peace, I really mean it.
Peace is something that we all strive for and desire. That's why I am excited that it is the Advent season and that during this time of year I am able to focus on peace, the peace which comes straight from God. He being the author of peace has given us peace through the birth of His Son.
In this hectic season of life I am grateful that I can cling to passages like Philippians 4:6-7 which says "6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
This passage is a reminder that if I take all of my concerns and fears and present them to God in prayer and thank Him for all that He has already done, that I will then experience His peace.
I am thankful that I can seek this peace that I desire and find it in Him.
What about you? What do you do to find peace during this season of life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning...

Race and Prejudice...

Man Card...