Identity...

What defines me?

I have asked myself this question for a while now.

I am currently in the middle of a season in life that I didn't plan on being in and am going through some growing pains. The funny part is that this season isn't really all that bad.

It just isn't what I had planned...

I have spent most of my time during this season trying to seek out what it is that God is calling me to do and in the process I've also been trying to find out who I really am.

I've spent time thinking about my past....

Thinking about my future...

Thinking about my current place in life...

And what I have found out is that my identity isn't found in a season of life. It isn't found in a career choice, its found in who God has called me to be...

And I think that right there is where my struggle begins because sometimes, I don't know who God is calling me to be. (That's tweet-able)

Can you smell what I'm stepping in?

It is so hard for us to know who it is that God is calling us to be while we are in the middle of the hard parts in life. If you are a person like me, you struggle with placing who you are in your job performance, or how others feel about you.

But something clicked in me yesterday during the message yesterday and was confirmed today in God's word. And the only way that I was able to find this out was by spending intentional time in prayer. What clicked was this...

God wants my identity to be in Him at all times no matter what.... (that's a tweet)

I know that sounds churchy or cliche but for whatever reason, I kinda get it now and it has taken me a while to get it. Maybe its because of my stubbornness, or maybe its because of my lack of trust sometimes, but God wants me to know that I belong to Him.

I've always belonged to Him...

And you belong to Him....

Read Psalm 139 for some encouragement and insight into this.

So after reading that passage I want to ask you, what defines you?

"God, please bless the eyes of the one who is reading this and help them to see how much you value them and love them. In Jesus Name, Amen."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning...

Race and Prejudice...

Man Card...