Rest...

I have been on a journey of silence these past 49 days.

When I first started writing I was excited. I had so much that I wanted to share with everyone from the lessons that I have learned from my past relationships and I was in the process of mapping out my first book and something strange happened to me. God called me to take a season of rest.

Rest from Facebook.

Rest from Twitter.

Rest from blogging.

Rest from writing period.

At first I was in shock because this is something that I absolutely LOVE to do. But at the same time, serving God is more important than any personal goals that one might have.

I have been on a journey these last 49 days that I would have never expected to happen.

God has shown me so many things and He spoke to me in ways and through people in a season of rest that I really needed.

I was wasting way too much time on social networking and realized that my life wasn't really being the type of influence that I am being called to live.

It's safe to say that the season of rest has been lifted and I am officially back to my writing but this time I have a different perspective on things.

It truly is a blessing to serve God. You never know what He has in store for you.

Now for some exciting news!

Some of you may know that I have accepted a long term substitute teaching position at an elementary school that my wife teaches at. I will be teaching 1st grade boys in math, science, and WRITING!

How cool is that?

God gave me an avenue through this blog to speak into the minds and lives of men and women about dating and relationships and now He has also given me an opportunity to speak into the lives of 6 and 7 year old boys as well. He is allowing me to use my gift to impact these young boys in a way that will help shape their future.

I will begin my teacher certification process in January and will graduate in late July. I never would have expected this to happen but am so thankful and blessed to receive this from Him.

When you rest in God, you never know what He has in store for you.

Sometimes rest is good.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning...

Race and Prejudice...

Man Card...