I wish.


I wish that this was my first kiss...

I love my wife with every fiber of me. I wish with everything that I could have waited for her in every aspect. 

Unfortunately I didn't.

You see if my lips had frequent flyer miles, I'd probably be able to circle the entire world twice without paying a single cent. 

I'm not saying that to brag. I'm saying it because its the truth. 

Here's the other harsh reality. 

My lips have kissed women who are now married and have husbands and children. 

Wow.

We don't really think of things like that do we? I didn't. As a teenager and young adult I just wanted to kiss girls. I loved to make out. I didn't think anything wrong with it at all. Except for the fact that when we do kiss our minds start racing and the temperature starts rising. And when that happens, our thoughts start to wander towards places that they shouldn't be going until marriage. 

But back then that wasn't my thinking at all.

Until I met my future wife.

You see when I met the future Mrs. Adames and realized how much she loved me and I loved her, I felt convicted of my past and had to tell her everything that I had ever done with a girl. You might be thinking "why?" Because she deserved to know the truth. 

Don't we all? 

I wished that I would have saved every part of my mind and body for her. But I didn't. I was weak, and honestly, didn't protect myself.

I gave into the lie and bit the bait of making out being just for fun. 

Let me tell you. Making out leads to lust.

Lust leads to the destruction of hearts. 

Lust  is the absence of love. And therefore lust is sin.

I know that I may sound a bit prudent and a little wack to some of ya'll but think about it. Would you go and kiss your last boy/girlfriend right now in front of your current mate,  fiancĂ© or spouse?

When we get married we bring all of our past drama and baggage with us and sometimes it haunts us. 

And if we aren't careful, it can creep back up and destroy us.

So how do we prevent that from happening?

The key here is to practice purity not only with our body parts, but with our hearts and minds. If we would truly put Jesus first and protect our lips and hands from going places that they shouldn't be, we would be truly better off at the end. 

That picture above... I wish more than anything that it was my first kiss. Thankfully, God and my wife forgive me and I am able to share my story with you now. In hopes that you would choose wisely and wait...

1 Corinthians 13:8 "Love never fails."

What do you think? Would you have been better off waiting for your spouse and your wedding day to be your first kiss?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning...

Race and Prejudice...

Man Card...